Saturday, March 8, 2014

Saturday's Six

Hola! Se que en teoría es Domingo, pero hoy estuve super entretenida viendo series y después fui al cumpleaños de una amiga y como que se me olvido postiar a tiempo jee... 
Digo, en verdad todos sabemos que es Domingo no cuando lo dice el reloj, sino cuando nos despertamos en la mañana así que en verdad ni estoy tarde.

Hey! I know it's sort of Sunday already, but I was really entertained today watching TV shows and later I went to a friend's birthday party and I kind of forgot I hadn't posted...
But hey, we all know it's not officially saturday until we wake up in the morning, right? So I'm really not that late..

1. Una película
12 Years A Slave
1. A Movie
12 Years A Slave

Esta película la vi el jueves y es en serio que salí temblando del cine. Fascinante la historia de Edward Norton. Me cuesta tanto entender como el ser humano creyó por tanto tiempo que la pigmentación de tu piel dictaba alguna clase de superioridad.
Esta película entera es perfecta, tiene la mejor fotografía que he visto en mi vida y 100% se merece su Oscar.
I saw this on Thursday and totally walked out shaking. It was amazing! Edward Norton's story is just fascinating. Though I've always found it really hard to understand how people thought for so long that the pigmentation of your skin dictated some kind of superiority.
This movie as a whole is beyond perfect, it has the best photography I have seen in my life, and it deserves it's Oscar 100%

2. Una Canción
2. A song
Musica Ligera de Soda Stereo. No se porque siempre se me olvida lo mucho que me gusta esta canción. Denle click aquí si les provoca escucharla.
Musica Ligera by Soda Stereo. I don't know why I always forget how much I actually love this song. Click the orange link above if you feel like listening to it.

3.Una Serie
3. A TV Show

Mad Men. Me he enamorado completamente de Jon Hamm. Pocos actores me erizan tanto. Mad Men saca el próximo mes su sexta y penúltima temporada, yo apenas voy por la primera pero haré lo posible por alcanzarla lo mas pronto que pueda, procurando no deshacerme al 100% de mi vida social. (tratare, no prometo nada. Yo creo que tengo un problema con las series soy seriamente una adicta.) La serie esta buenísima! Es acerca de publicistas en los años 1950, y como yo disfruto sobremanera las series y películas de época y la publicidad siempre me ha llamado la atención, esta serie es perfecta para mi.

Mad Men. I've fallen head over heels in love with the lead actor, Jon Hamm. Not too many actors can bring me goose bumps so easily. On April it's six and next to last season is out, and I'm only on the first one! I will do what I can to  try to catch up as soon as possible somehow having the semblance of social life (I said try, I'm not promising anything here. I think I have a serious problem with TV shows. I'm totally and dead-seriously addicted, I might need help.) This show is too good! It's set on the 1950s and it's about publicists, and since I really love anything vintage and have always founded advertising interesting, this Tv show was like made for me!

4. Un guilty pleasure
4. A guilty pleasure

cheesy dating shows de MTV. No se porque tanta gente se queja de que MTV ya no pone tanta música. No me mal-entiendan, yo AMO la musica, pero hey, sus realitys son buenísimos! Todos nos acordamos de "Next", y lo imposible que era cambiar el canal cuando lo estában dando, ahora hay uno dizque Are You the One y es en serio el mejor que he visto wao todo el mundo esta loquísimo! Pase un tarjetaso de itunes para comprar la temporada. Primera vez EN MI VIDA que pago por una serie, pero necesitaba saber lo que pasaba y no encontraba links!, comprenderán era una situación de vida o muerte.

Cheesy MTV dating show. I really do not know why so many people complain about MTV not playing as much music anymore. Do not misunderstand me, I really do love music. But hey, their dating shows are really cool. We all remember "Next", and how impossible it was to change the channel when it was on. Now there's one called "Are you the One" and it's seriously the best dating show on the existence of MTV. Everybody is nuts! I needed to know what happened so bad that I ended up actually paying for the  whole season on itunes. NEVER EVER on my life had I payed a for show before, but I just needed to know!- it was a life or death situation.

5. Un libro
"Coraline" de Neil Gaiman
5. A book
"Coraline" by Neil Gaiman

Hace poco me acorde de cuanto me gusta este libro! Lo lei hace 5 años y me fascino, aveces hasta pienso en ponerle a alguna hija Coraline (y decirle Cora!), como el personaje principal. Perdí mi copia y quiero otra pero para YA, lo quiero volver a leer! Se lo recomiendo a todos los que como a mi, les gusta lo creepy y las cosas que dan miedito, ademas no es muy largo solo tiene 163 páginas, no es igual a la película (aunque esta es buenísima, Dakota ¨oh, la gran diosa de las actuaciones dramáticas¨ Fanning símplente no hace películas que no sean excelentes, con excepción a las de  Twilight claro aunque en su defensa su papel de Jane Volturi era el mejor de todos. Y en caso de que se pregunten porque me se el nombre del personaje: no, no lo busque en internet confieso que a mis 12 y 13 años pasé por esa época oscura de la twilight manía cuando apenas empezaba (tan hipster, lo se) y leí todos los libros una o dos veces y en mi defensa de mi pobre gusto en literatura, vuelve a leer mi edad, era una pre-puberta, el simple hecho que me haya leido esos libros de 500 paginas a esa edad es bastante impresionante no me juzgues por el contenido!)
This week I was thinking about how much I love this book! I read it 5 years ago, loved it and sadly lost my copy. Sometimes I even think about naming my daughter (if I have one) Coraline, with Cora as a nickname of course!, like the main character.  I really really want to re-read this book. I recommend it to anyone who likes creepy stuff and things that are kind of scary, besides the book is really short. It's only 163 pages long, it's not exactly like the movie (even thought the movie is very good, Dakota "goddess of dramatic performances" Fanning is in it and she does no wrong, besides the Twilight movies of course, but in Dakota's defense her role as Jane Volturi was the best one in the whole film. And in case you are wondering just why I know the exact name of the character Dakota portrayed: no, I did not look it up I confess to having fallen victim to the twilight mania at ages 12 and 13, when it was first starting (such a hipster, i know) and read the all of the books once or twice and before you judge me, in my defense I was a pre-pubescent 12 year old my taste in literature obviously wasn't very refined. Besides, being 12 and reading 500 paged books is pretty amazing, no matter the content.)

6. Un sueño
6. A dream
Ser youtuber. En proceso chicos, ya verán hay mucho mas Gaby para su entretenimiento.
Being a youtuber. In process guys, there's a lot more Gaby for your entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment